Saturday, June 20, 2009

My New York Journey

It's taken me almost a year to finally complete my posts on my New York journey last summer. I'm glad I finally did to provide myself a written memory of the trip. Towards the end, I had to rack my brains to recall the highlights and places. So, I can imagine a few years down the track, it would be even worse!

We started in New York city, made our way north west towards Finger Lakes, with a shopping stop at Woodbury before that. We then headed west as we visited the southern tips of the major lakes heading towards Castile. We ended up at the beautiful Niagara Falls and journeyed back eastwards, this time on the northern tip of the Finger Lakes towards the Southern Adirondacks. Mapquest made planning our journey easier as it provided us with driving directions. It's not 100% accurate but it does a good job!



Highlights of our trip:
1) Seeing the famous icons of New York - Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Central Park, Rockefeller Centre, Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square and the Wall Street Bull

2) Visiting the United Nations and sitting in the the General Assembly Hall and the Security Council Chamber.



3) Walking down Broadway and watching the live performances

4) Shopping, shopping and more shopping!

5) Staying at bed and breakfasts and making friends with our hosts. We particularly enjoyed getting to know Napoleon from Fox Ridge Farm.

6) Spotting unusual surprises on our journey


7) Enjoying the great outdoors

8) Savouring the beautiful sunsets


As the theme song from the movie New York, New York goes:
"Start spreadin' the news, I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it: New York, New York.”


I Love New York!

No comments: