How do you know if you would enjoy staying at a bed and breakfast?
- You love meeting new people. Apart from meeting the host, usually, you would have breakfast together with other guests at the dining table. At the end of breakfast, you'll be amazed at how much you've learnt about the other guests.
- You appreciate old houses. Most B&Bs are restored old homes and lovingly furnished with antiques.
- You cherish the personal touch. Each room is unique. The better B&Bs will also provide chocolates and toiletries.
- You want to go local. The hosts are more than happy to recommend local places to visit and local restaurants for dining. We have not been dissapointed by the recommendations!
- You don't mind walking up stairs with your luggage (or if you're lazy like us, leave your suitcases in the car and just bring up a small overnight bag).
- You relish a good cooked breakfast. When we were in New York, we really enjoyed the cooked breakfasts served in the B&Bs. (The complimentary bagel and cream cheese served in some motels pales in comparison. Some hotels don't even provide complimentary breakfast)
Breakfast Menu - Inn at Stony Creek, Warwick, New York
B&Bs are not for those who:
- Require room service.
- Want to sleep in or leave early (Most B&Bs serve breakfast between 8.30-9.00am).
- Want to party all night.
- Prefer to keep to themselves.
- Must have a television. Not all B&Bs have television and cable. So, if you're a TV die-hard fan, check first.