Saturday, May 17, 2008

Words of Wisdom

This week, I picked a passage from Ecclesiastes called "Everything Has Its Time" to share on my weekly "Words of Wisdom" series. I decided that this would be my little contribution to making a positive impact on people's lives (well, at least to my readers). I hope that you will be encouraged.

Everything Has Its Time
To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born, And a time to die;
A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted;
A time to kill, And a time to heal;
A time to break down, And a time to build up;
A time to weep, And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, And a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to gain, And a time to lose;
A time to keep, And a time to throw away;
A time to tear, And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;
A time to love, And a time to hate;
A time of war, And a time of peace.

Just as the seasons play a different role in the planting, watering and harvesting of a crop, the different seasons in life plays a role in making us who we are. For me, this sabbatical has been a journey of discovery. I re-discovered a passion for writing via blogging (not just writing financial reports), I expanded my computing and photography skills (due to blogging again), I ventured into the art of mosaic craft, I derived pleasure from reading my books and I found the joys of creating new culinary dishes.

There truly is a time for everything and I am blessed to have found this time.

2 comments:

Sweet Jasmine said...

I love your words of wisdom...which everyone of us needs to sit back and learn from it.
Looking forward to the next one..

Kess And Her Mama said...

Thanks Sweet Jasmine. It is good to reflect on wise sayings. Hopefully, we can all become wiser as we learn from it.