Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quick & Easy Home-Made Pizza

I found a quick shortcut to making my own pizza. As with the baby back ribs, I prefer to home-cook because of the lack of pork options in the restaurants in Malaysia. But, because I am lazy, I'm always looking for short cuts to making cooking easier and faster.

If you really wanted to make it from scratch, you could make your own pizza dough. Me, I either buy the pizza base from the baking shop or as I recently discovered, naan bread makes a great pizza base. You could get that from any supermarket. I prefer to use garlic naan. As for the topping, just use your imagination...I like to use real bacon and real sausages (translated: real = pork).

Here's my recipe:
1) 1 Pack garlic naan
2) Pork bacon & sausages - sliced (Can also vary with salami, pepperoni, you get my drift...)
3) Tomatoes - sliced (Can also vary with bottled sun-dried tomato)
4) Capsicum - sliced
5) Canned pineapple - sliced
6) Anchovies - diced (as this has very strong flavour, use sparingly)
7) Red onion - sliced
8) 1 Pack pizza cheese - Combination of Mozarella, Parmesan & Cheddar
9) Olive oil
10) Fresh basil - chopped
11) Cracked black pepper
11) 1 Can tomato paste (Can also vary with pesto sauce for a different flavour)

The Pizza...
Spread tomato paste or pesto sauce on the garlic naan. Layer the pizza with ingredients 2-7. The beauty of it is you can add any combination or all ingredients, according to your whim and fancy at that time. Finish off with a generous topping of pizza cheese, sprinke of black pepper and basil . Drizzle olive oil over the pizza.
The Tray...
Place a piece of greaseproof paper on the pizza tray. Grease the paper with butter/oil. Place pizzas on tray.

The Oven...
Preheat the oven to 200C. Bake the pizza for about 15-20 minutes.
The Finished Result...

4 comments:

Sophia Sparx said...

Mmmm I love pesto - this sounds amazing.
For more great pesto recipes, check out: http://iheartpesto.blogspot.com

Sweet Jasmine said...

Hah...now I got another shortcut way to a pizza dough...naan. It taste good too..eh? Would love to try out too...

Kess And Her Mama said...

Hi Sophia, Glad you like it. Your blog has an incredible selection of pesto recipes!

Kess And Her Mama said...

Sweet Jasmine, Don't we all love shortcuts :-)