Thursday, September 4, 2008

New York, New York - My impressions of the city

I can never watch CSI NY, the Nanny, Project Runway, Sleepless in Seattle (remember the scene where Meg Ryan finally meets Tom Hanks at the top of the Empire State Building after missing each other for most parts of the movie) or a host of other TV shows and movies the same way again! I never realised how many programs out there that are filmed in NY! It is exciting to be able to recognise the icons of NY city and say I've been there!

NY Icons
Statue of Liberty
Empire State Building (viewed from Rockefeller Centre)

Central Park (viewed from Rockefeller Centre)Broadway - The Lion King

Brooklyn Bridge
NY is by far the busiest city I've ever been to. People everywhere. Locals going about their own business, tourists gawking at the famous sights. It's a city where you can be anonymous if you choose to because it is so easy to get lost in the sea of colourful faces. Yes, NY is a cultural melting pot. It doesn't matter what colour or race, you'll feel right at home. Another thing about NY, it's a city that never sleeps!

People, people everywhere
Times Square - midnight
Canal Street Subway Station

One of the unique aspects of NYC is the firefighters. We never failed to see the fire engines whizzing past every single day (and night) we were there. They're kept really busy!

Firefighters


Tribute to the brave firefighters who perished in the line of duty

New York is truly an amazing city! There are so many facets to this fascinating city, which I'm sure the locals can attest to. As a visitor, I am glad to have tasted a glimpse of NY life, if only for a few days.

4 comments:

Sweet Jasmine said...

NY is such a famous city...wish I could be there one day.

cc said...

Woohoo, you took a bite of the big apple!
It is a very fascinating place to visit! Sure will be a big change for me to go there from the slow-pace NZ. LOL

Kess And Her Mama said...

Sweet Jasmine, It is famous. Maybe one day your dream will come true!

Kess And Her Mama said...

CC, I've been to both NY and NZ. So so different. But I love NZ for its amazing scenery!