Monday, July 28, 2008

Words of Wisdom

The Bible contains a wealth of wisdom. This week, I've selected a passage from 1 Corinthians 13 on love.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

When I reflect on the characteristics of love mentioned in the passage, I realise that this standard of love has high expectations. I confess that I often fall short of this standard, especially with my loved ones. Have you noticed that often, we are more impatient and unkind with our loved ones that we are with strangers or acquaintances? Let us pray that by the grace of God we will be able to love with this kind of love.

1 comment:

Sweet Jasmine said...

Its rather true that we are more impatient with our love ones compared to our aquantainces for the reason that we can express our emotions easily when facing them..ha.ha...

Anyway, love conquers all as the saying goes..